Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summertime!

So its officially summer as of a couple weeks ago. In fact, the summer solstice has already come and passed, leaving me to feel nostalgic about summer already and wish it could last longer! So, in honor of Summer, and to keep it alive longer, I thought I'd list some of the things I love most about it!

  1. 4 Day Work Weeks, 3 Day Weekends
  2. No School
  3. Summer Trips! Woohoo!!
  4. Water Parks
  5. Water Sports
  6. Cool Mountain Nights
  7. Snow Cones
  8. Barbecues

I love having 4 day work weeks! I try to work 4 10's but usually it doesn't work out quite that well, and I end up working like 2 9's 2 8's and a 3. But, I love having those three day weekends for trips, or sleeping in or whatever! No homework also makes it easier to make the most of short nights after a long day

I am so excited to take our summer trips, though we have yet to take one! We're going to Jim's for a 4-day weekend, Tyler's for a 4-day weekend, and Vegas for a 4 day weekend. It should be tons of fun!!

I'm actually most excited to go to Vegas cause it will just be Elizabeth and I and we are going to go see Phantom of the opera, and eat lots of buffets and who knows! I've just always wanted to go to Vegas to be honest. Lots to see, lots of cool things, and I love seeing the country.

We have a pass to Seven Peaks. Enough said.

Uncle Keith recently offered to let us take out his Jet Skis for an afternoon. I am so freakin excited I can't stand it.

Got my first snow cone of the summer today. Tiger's blood with some ice cream in the middle. I need to do this more often, or as a co-worker said "You're going to be sorry you didn't come October."

And there's like a barbecue a week! I'm getting better at flavoring/marinating meat, and we've had some good eats this summer already.

No comments:

Post a Comment