Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emasculation

My work is having me learn a new language and web platform right now, and the book is really heavy, and my ADD brain has a hard time concentrating on it for long, so I have to take breaks. I thought I would write a blog on one of my breaks.

So I decided to write a post about how much I've started to love cooking. I really like to look at recipes on www.allrecipes.com and search for whatever I'm hungry for and then filter by rating. I then look at others comments and custom-modifications and go to town!

I've found quite a few recipes that I love and a few regular staples that Elizabeth and I eat a lot. I also look for quick recipes (mostly), so that we can eat quickly, and I pride myself on getting something done really quickly!

I should say that I also like quite a few recipes in Mom's cookbook, and we have some of those regularly as well. (Alfredo, Stroganoff [I don't care if it's "real stroganoff" or not],  tator-tot casserole [I hope that's in there!!], chicken strips, apple-cinnamon muffins, jellos, etc)

These are the ones I've found and really like:

  • Chicken Parmesan (20 minutes)
  • Stir Fry (20 minutes, not counting marinade time)
  • Fajitas (20 minutes, not counting marinade time)
  • Lemon Buttermilk Chicken (my own creation)
  • Brown-sugar Peach Muffins
  • Orange Muffins
Anyway, so I'd thought I'd ask if anyone has any family favorite meals that they cook often and ask them to post the recipes in the comments, or in a new post on the blog. We would really like some easy good-tasting main dishes to add to it (sides are easy, just some salad and steamed veggies work). Crock pot stuff is good, we don't do much of that. As always, cheap is good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment